Hello loves! Hope you guys are having a great week! If I’m being honest this week is kicking my butt, work is good but crazy long and I’m feeling like I’m not getting enough sleep. But otherwise it’s pretty good, I just turned 22 last week Wednesday so that was pretty nice. I didn’t really get to celebrate my birthday because of my work schedule but I will for sure as soon as the craziness slows down. Today’s blog post is about what makes me happy and with sharing this with you I hope you can find things that make you happy too!
1. I LOVE to read. It’s my escape and one of my favorite things to do. I am currently working on building a library and have a pretty decent amount as of yet.
2. I LOVE to eat! If you’ve been following me for a while you know I’m a foodie person! I believe that when you’re having a bad day that food can change your mood. It may not be able to solve the actual problem but it will help you find a solution because you have a clear mind.
3. I LOVE to laugh. Besides laughing being my defense mechanism sharing laughs with others makes me happy because you never know if someone needed it. It’s so much easier to be happy and laughing is one of my favorite things because you get so lost enjoying the moment.
4. I LOVE being surrounded by my family and friends. Spending time with them makes me so happy because it’s usually filled with everything I love; family, friends, food, and laughter. Sometimes for me there is no better cure for long weeks or hard days like spending time with your family.
5. I LOVE to have a good time! Being able to enjoy myself and sharing that great feeling with others will always be one of my favorite things. I like to think I’m pretty funny so putting a smile on other peoples faces or making them laugh is something I always strive to do. Without laughter, life would be boring! Am I right??
6. I LOVE. my space, as much as I love being around my favorite people sometimes you just need space. I love my alone time because that’s when I can just enjoy being by myself. I don’t have to keep up with others, I can just take a step back and relax.
7. I LOVE watching football. Again, if you’ve been following me for a while you know I love me some football! If there is a game on especially if my favorite teams are on, it’s better to leave me to my game cause I will not be paying attention! Ahahaha. It’s all about Alabama & The Saints over here ?
8. I LOVE to dance! Dancing is my passion and I don’t think I can adequately explain the feeling I get when I am able to share my love of dancing with others. Sometimes when I’m having a bad day all I have to do is throw on some music and dance the stress away. It might not help me solve my problems but it’s gives me a chance to ease my mind and find another way to solve it.
My point in writing this blog post is to hopefully help you find things that you love that make you happy. When days are hard and you’re growing through some tough trials taking some time to experiment the things that make you happy will help you change your mind set from one of defeat to one of enlightenment. Sometimes all you need is that change of attitude to flip a bad day to a good one! So I encourage you all to take time to really enjoy the things that make you happy. That is why self love and self care is all about, taking the time to just have a little happiness when things are looking gloomy. Hope you’re all having an amazing week! Don’t forget YOU ARE LOVED!