1) What inspired you to become an author? I think it’s all the stories floating around in my head. I feel so much better when those stories are written… and then another one pops up to fill that blank space in my head.
2) How do you keep up with the story lines and details? I know you’ve gone through a writers block with writing Xander’s story, so how do you deal with continually getting inspired to create stories? I keep up with the storylines by keeping a “diary” of all the little facts, the characters and their descriptions and ages, what happened when, and I keep adding to that with each book.
How do I deal… lol I pull my hair out? Kidding! I guess the best answer is I write the ideas down… I have a big file on my Google drive full of story ideas. The Rockstars stories are all in my head. Isn’t that strange? I can keep all those details of upcoming books up there until I write them… then it’s not so easy to remember them… which is why I have a “diary”.
3) Do you think you have grown as an author with all the books you have written? Yes, so much. I went back and reread my first book, Falling Down, and I want to rewrite it lol. The readers say no, to leave it as it is, so I’ve listened – so far.
4) What is your motivation in life? What keeps you going during those low and hard times? My motivation in life is friends and family. Really, that’s what keeps me going. When I’m low and depressed, I sometimes hide or stay to myself. I do try to give a warning that it’s just a sad time. When there are hard times, I just do my best to get through it. I take it one day at a time. I’ve learned that panicking over something you can’t control does no good.
5) Which book or series is your favorite? Why is it your favorite?
Oh boy. This is hard. I have three series right now and I love them all for different reasons. I love the Rockstars because they’re fun and sexy, the sense of family and their strong support system. The readers seem to like this series best.
Then there’s the The Way series. I enjoyed writing the first two books so much because they were new adult, they weren’t as sexified, and they were super emotional. I just put myself in Olivia’s shoes and became her while I wrote. I love writing about that age group. Their lives are just beginning.
And finally the Truths series. I actually started writing Whispered Truths before Falling Down, but the Rockstars took over my mind, so the Truths series is near and dear to my heart. It’s mature young adult—mature because there is graphic sex and a lot of swearing as teenagers do. I love this series for their closeness, the fun they have, writing the issues of teenagers where it seems like the end of the world when it’s really not. I can’t pick just one.
6) If you could share something encouraging to others what would it be? Be true to you—no matter what. Don’t change to conform to the masses, because you’re going to look back one day and see you had it right the first time. Don’t let the bullies get you down. They’re just overcompensating for their own low self esteem. Speak your mind but mean what you say because you can’t take it back once it’s said. Believe in yourself.
7) Do you have any stories in the works besides The Rockstars series?
As I mentioned above, there’s the The Way series. The Way Back to Me and The Way With You are the two out of five that are available now.
Whispered Truths is the first book of four in the Truths series available now. I really hope to be able to get book 2 written late 2017 and published early 2018.
I have the His Sins series coming up which is a collection of seven novellas that will be sexy with billionaires. Seven men… seven sins… and the seven women who redeem them.
The RED series is a police procedural book I’d started years ago and showed to my editor and beta readers who all said… WRITE THIS. So, I’ll be working that in somewhere.. hopefully 2018 or 2019.
There are so many more but these are the ones that are on the top of the list.
8) Are you open to taking suggestions of book plots?? Sure! If I can connect with them and find a way to make it work, I’d likely add it to my list <3